Wisdom Teeth Removal
Fort Mill SC, Pineville, and Charlotte NC
If you’re experiencing discomfort in the back of your mouth, it’s possible that your wisdom teeth, commonly referred to as third molars, are causing problems. At Mundo Dentistry, conveniently serving Fort Mill, SC, Pineville, and Charlotte, NC, we have invested in advanced CBCT technology, allowing our experienced dentists to perform safer and more precise wisdom teeth extractions compared to what has been traditionally offered at regular dental offices.
Do wisdom teeth have to be removed?
Not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. However, if your wisdom teeth are crowding your other teeth, causing pain, or infection, it’s likely that they need to be removed. Your dentist will perform an X-ray to determine if your wisdom teeth are causing any problems.
How long does wisdom teeth extraction take?
The length of a wisdom tooth extraction can vary depending on the complexity of the extraction. On average, the procedure takes about 30 minutes to one hour and a half.
How much does wisdom teeth removal cost?
The cost of wisdom teeth removal can vary depending on several factors, such as the number of teeth being removed, and the level of experience of the dental professional performing the procedure.
On average, a simple extraction of a single wisdom tooth can cost anywhere from $75 to $200, while a surgical extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth can cost anywhere from $225 to $1000.
Call us Today,
We offer extractions at a fraction of the cost
to oral surgery offices
How do they remove wisdom teeth?
In particular, wisdom teeth removal is a common dental procedure performed by an oral surgeon or a dentist, that involves the extraction of one or more of the four third molars located at the back of the mouth. The process of wisdom teeth removal involves several steps, such as:
- Evaluation: Before the procedure, the dentist will take X-rays to determine the position of the wisdom teeth, to ensure that the patient is a good candidate for the procedure.
- Anesthesia: The dentist will administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the wisdom teeth. In some cases, the dentist may use sedation to help the patient relax during the procedure.
- Extraction: The dentist will make an incision in the gum tissue to expose the wisdom teeth and remove any bone that may be blocking access to the teeth. Then, the dentist will gently loosen the teeth and remove them from the socket.
- Cleaning: After the teeth are removed, the dentist will clean the socket to ensure that all debris is removed and there is no infection.
- Closure: The dentist may use stitches to close the incision, or allow it to heal naturally.
- Aftercare: The dentist will provide the patient with instructions for aftercare, which may include using ice packs to reduce swelling, taking pain medications as prescribed, and avoiding hard or crunchy foods for a few days.
At Mundo Dentistry, we offer wisdom teeth removal, at a fraction of the cost compared to oral surgery offices. Why pay more? Call us today at 704-825-2081 if you are having wisdom tooth pain in Fort Mill, Pineville, Charlotte, and surrounding areas.